Welcome to IdiomQuest.com and the Coral Tree Media, LLC network of sites ("the CTM websites"). By accessing and using the CTM websites and their services (the "Service") you agree to abide by the conditions of this User Agreement.
- COPYRIGHT. The content displayed on the CTM websites, including the selection, layout, and design ("Content") is the property of CTM, its licensors, or the copyright holder (as is the case with the Site's video media content) , and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content may be used only for your personal and non-commercial use and may not be edited or modified for any purpose. By accessing the CTM websites, you agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, display, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the Content to anyone, except that you may occasionally reproduce, distribute, display or transmit an insubstantial portion of the Site's non-video Content, for a noncommercial purpose, to a limited number of individuals, provided you use the phrase "Used with permission from IdiomQuest.com, a service of Coral Tree Media, LLC." All rights not expressly granted herein are hereby reserved.
In no capacity should the Site's video content be reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, disseminated, displayed, sold, published, copied, broadcasted or circulated to anyone in any forum.
You agree to grant CTM a perpetual, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell such Content in any format now known or hereafter created, and to use your name and other identifying information you provide in connection with that Content. You also permit any visitor or member of the CTM websites to use such Content for personal use as described above.
If you believe in good faith that any Content infringes your copyright, you may send us a DMCA notice requesting that the material be removed though we cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your correspondence. Notices should be sent to .
- LEGAL DISCLAIMER. This Site is not officially affiliated with or endorsed by any media content owner or copyright holder that may have content referenced or displayed on the Site. Any and all media content, including video, used on the Site to help illustrate usages of idiomatic English is undertaken with explicit permission from the copyright holder or by our good faith application of fair use, codified in U.S.C., Title 17, Section 107.
IdiomQuest.com and Coral Tree Media, LLC is protected from prosecution under Fair Use in US Code, Title 17, Section 107.
17 U.S.C. § 107. Section 107 provides in part: Notwithstanding the provisions of sections U.S.C. § 106 and U.S.C. § 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
- LIMITED AVAILABILITY AND ELIGIBILITY. Not all Services mentioned on this Site may be available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility for particular products or Services is subject to final determination by us and/or the applicable content provider.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE OR RECEIVING ANY SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST US AND ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS REGARDING THIS SITE, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE AND ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES, AND ANY USE BY YOU OF SUCH INFORMATION. YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOOD WILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, USE, DATA, EQUIPMENT OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) THAT RESULT FROM (1) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY SERVICES (2) THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION OR NON-ACTION TAKEN BY YOU OR BY ANYONE TO WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE SUCH INFORMATION, OR FOR ANY ERRORS BY YOU IN COMMUNICATING SUCH INFORMATION; (3) THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES; OR (4) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE CONTENT, SERVICES, OR DISTRIBUTION OF SERVICES THROUGH THIS SITE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM ANY USE OF ANY PRODUCT, INFORMATION, PROCEDURE, OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE.
- OTHER DISCLAIMERS. SOME OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES MAY BE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS AND USERS. WE ARE A DISTRIBUTOR AND NOT A PUBLISHER OF SUCH CONTENT AND HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT. ANY OPINIONS, ADVICE, STATEMENTS, SERVICES, OFFERS OR OTHER INFORMATION GIVEN OR PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING MERCHANTS AND LICENSORS) ARE THOSE OF THE RESPECTIVE AUTHORS OF SUCH CONTENT AND NOT OURS.
ALTHOUGH WE USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION THROUGH THIS SITE, WE AND THE CONTENT PROVIDERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR COMPREHENSIVENESS OF CONTENT ON THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICE. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE AND THE CONTENT PROVIDERS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THE FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM INFECTIONS OR VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE WITH CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES RELATING TO ANY DISCLAIMED WARRANTY DESCRIBED IN THIS PARAGRAPH.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG IMPLIED WARRANTIES LAST OR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THAT THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH EVENT, SUCH DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- USER OBLIGATIONS. In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself upon registration and thereafter. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify the OpenID partner of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. CTM cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this. You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content, including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
You agree not to use the CTM websites or the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available ("post") any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, false or inaccurate, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or post Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements), or post Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- harm minors in any way
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, intentionally or unintentionally
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another
- and/or collect or store personal data about other users
- TRADEMARK INFORMATION. The IdiomQuest logo, Coral Tree Media logo, Coral Tree Media, CTM and the other trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the CTM websites are the trademarks of CTM. You agree not to display or use the CTM trademarks in any manner without CTM's prior written consent.
- FICTICIOUS ENTRIES. From time to time, the Site may include ficticious entries in the idiom database (less than 0.5% of our overall idiom content) to help track illegal use of our content across the web. The ficticious entry will be a fake idiom that appears to be real.